At a Glance
Hay River is formed by two branches: the west branch which originates in the community of Bear River, and the east branch which flows from the forests west of the New Zealand Road. Hay River flows north into Johnson's Pond, a shoreline pond on the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
- 2573 hectares in land area
- Watershed area is approximately 84% forested
- 448 hectares are owned by the Government of Prince Edward Island
- 306 hectares are used for agriculture
- There are 26.2 km of stream within the Hay River watershed network